Saturday, February 13, 2010

What an amazing February day!!


The weather today was breathtaking. Not a cloud in the sky and it got up to about -5 or so. Not exactly sure what the temp was, but in Northern Alberta, in February, any day above -15 is a blessing. I had an extremely lazy morning. Watched some more of the Olympics and when I say some, I mean probably a mind numbing 4 hours. Ok, I know, a little excessive, but after last night's opening ceremonies, I had to see what's the what. I finally pried myself out of bed and went online to check out the hours for the Nordic Ski Club. Adam and I decided to go cross country skiing for the first time there. It was really great. Beautifully combed and groomed trails. Really friendly people (didn't have a clue which trail to take) to ask about the EASY trails. We did the FOX run which is 2 km in about 1/2 an hour. I was beat. So, as we are coming to the end of our run, we come to one final hill. The whole trail had a couple of hills. No, not HILLS. But they were still hills in my books. That last hill was a doozie. Adam went first and he was spectacular. His skis came out of the tracks and he was a movin'. He did this move, just like you would to stop yourself if you were skating. You know, turn sideways and dig in. Well, I thought that was the end. I was sure he was going to fall, but instead he came to this wicked stop and I was SO proud of him. Next was my turn. I contemplated taking off my skis, but decided to give it a whirl. Oops, my bad! I forgot that I have never down hill skied in my life. It was going ok until my skis came out of the track as well. I thought, if I can stop on skates, surely I can stop on skis. Again, OOPS, my bad. No, not the same. Alas, I fell and yes...there were people watching. So, when we go back tomorrow, I WILL WALK DOWN THE HILL!!!
We'll see what tomorrow has in store for us. I will remember to take my camera!!!
Adrienne

1 comment:

  1. LOL What a story! I can't wait to see your pics from today...Happy Valentine's Day, Adrienne!!

    ReplyDelete

House of 3

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed