Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!!







Today is Valentine's Day!!! We are not much for celebrating it, as my birthday is the day after. Why fight all the LUVY-DUVY crowds, when we can go out for my birthday the next day??!! The frame above is a little something I made Chris. I know he doesn't really like this kind of stuff, but I thought it would be nice to make him something, even though it will probably end up in my craft room. That was nice of me hey?!

Adam and I did go back to Wapiti Ski Club today to have another go at it. The weather was not as great as it was yesterday, but still, warm and calm. I did remember to bring my camera with me today. We did our 2km loop and then went to the chalet to have a snack and a drink. Oh, before I forget, as we came to the end of our run, I DID NOT ski down the hill. Adam decided he was going to give it another try and ended up falling. Once he got back up and continued down the hill, he really had to put the breaks on. And, again, he was amazing!! He crossed his skis and then slid to a stop. I am so proud of him. He has taken this exercising and eating right thing so well. From a kid who watched TV, ate junk, and never ate a salad, he had come so far. He, like myself, can't wait to exercise. He has also started REQUESTING salad at dinner. Absolutely in awe of this kid. He makes me so proud. Ok, back to skiing. We finished our first loop, and went for a drink and a snack. We then got our skis back on and went for another 2km. So, altogether, we skied for 1hr and 20 min and 4 km.

I have made myself a deal. I will not watch any of olympics unless I have or will exercise that day. I guess I have my work cut out for me. I have also done some thinking about volunteering at the Arctic Winter Games in March. As I watched to final legs of the Olympic torch run the other day, I really began regretting not going to see it when it came through town. So, with that in mind, I think it would be a great opportunity to be involved in something so great. I don't know what they are looking for as far as availability, but I think it is worth a shot. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

Tomorrow is my birthday (& Family Day) and I am not sure what we are going to do. I do know that I AM NOT making supper. That is one thing that I refuse to do on my birthday. I will make a big breakfast, but I will not make supper. Not sure where we will go.

Take care,
Adrienne



No comments:

Post a Comment

House of 3

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed