Thursday, March 4, 2010

A new chapter...




Yee (freakin')HAW!!! It is officially Spring Break!! 10 glorious days off school. Nothin' to do but exercise, scrapbook and maybe do a few projects around the house. I have been looking so forward to this. I was giddy driving away from school today. What a sense of total bliss being able to leave those holigans behind!!! Of course, all those holigans will probably, at one point, be at my house to entertain my son, but hey, it's totally different when we aren't at school. I actually enjoy most of Adam's friends!! I have already made plans to walk with my gal pal BJ. We will hit the trails at Muskoseepi and walk 'til we drop. I would really like to do a few different things while we are off. I have been very interested in looking into boxing. I hear there is a boxing gym in the basement of one of the theatres in town and I am going to check it out if it is actually there. Another thing that is pretty exciting is volleyball will definately be continuing until the end of April!!! One other pretty major thing I am going to try to do is ....wait for it.....no not yet..........I am going to try to run a 10k. Starting in April, every Sunday morning, I will meet with a group and we will train to run or walk 10km!!! They start you out pretty easy, and work you up to 10k! I am pretty excited about this. Again, I am being compared to a junkie, even at school. I will try just about anything at this point. I am totally pumped to exercise and look forward to it. So, I will be updating this latest chapter in my weight loss journey.

On a different note, I thought I would post this layout I did about a year ago. We had gone to West Edmonton Mall for our 10th Anniversary. What a great way to spend a day with your family!! It is for a contest on Paper Poppy Kit Co. blog on using old or mismatched chipboard alphas. The alphabet chipboard that I used was from the Dollar Store and they were hideous! Bright bubblegum pink, soft Mint green, ew!!! I painted them and then stamped dots and embossed with clear powder. So, I hope you enjoy. Oh, and by the way, I did not win the Ugliest Page Contest. I guess my ugly isn't all that ugly!!!
Happy crafting and exercising!
Adrienne

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this technique, Adrienne! I am especially impressed with the embossing. Thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with those, lady! They're awesome!! :) And - I'm not surprised you didn't win, because that page isn't that bad!!

    And...Go YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

House of 3

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed