Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's been quite a week!!!!

So, a lot has happened in the last week! I don't know where to begin. Things are pretty exciting in my little weightloss, exercising, getting out there world. Last week, I was told by my school principal that I was to go with the grades 5, 6, & 7's for their ski trip. Me??!! I don't ski, I told him. I have never even been to a ski hill. I WILL NOT ski! I will just be there for supervision. OK, fine, so I knew I was going. No biggie. Right! Until I got up last Friday. I started thinking about it. It might be nice for the kids who have never skied to have someone with them. "If OLD Mrs. Harris can do it surely I can!" I could see them thinking. So, I got ready for school and packed my stuff for skiing. Totally scared to death. Who do I think I am? I am no spring chicken. I am at least a late summer chicken. Ok, so we got to the hill and I got my skis. I took the 1 hour class just like the rest of the kids and I did really good. It's funny that I kind of forgot that I was an adult surrounded by all those kids learning something new, totally out of my element. Until, someone would say, "Way to go Mrs. Harris, you're doing great!" So, I did it. I skied!!! I almost cried when I got to the bottom of the bunny hill the first time. I had this overwhelming sense of accomplishment! I was so amazed that I made it down the hill, and all my bones were in one piece. I will definitely be skiing next year with Adam. That is exciting thing #1.

Exciting thing #2: I went boxing last night. I have been talking about this for about a month now and I finally went. It was different than I thought it would be. There is a lot to learn about how to stand and punch and move. I thought it would be more intense, but I will have to work up to that. You gotta do it right. I can't wait to just wail on that bag. The guy who runs it is really nice and he has a lot to teach. I think I will be buying my own hand wraps and gloves though. They were pretty 'ranky-stanky'! I feel pretty good today. Not really sore or anything. I think I might actually be getting in shape. I am sure after all this new activity, I would be bed ridden if I hadn't been so active for the last few months. I will probably go back tonight and get some more training in.

Exciting thing #3: I have now lost 22 pounds and I have had to buy some new SMALLER clothes! I went down a size and it feels great. I have been trying to get dressed for school these days and nothing fits, in a good way. Everything is huge and baggy and I hate it. I went through my closet the other day and filled up a garbage bag of clothes that are too big! a few others are lingering in there that are just about too big and hopefully I will get a chance to wear them again before they are destined for the garbage bag.



So, in my world, this has been a pretty great week! I thought I would include something I made quite a while ago. I made something similar to it at my weekly stamping club at least a year ago and this is what I did with it. I took some envelopes and stapled them down the center and cut off the ends so that both ends were open. Once that was done, I made sort of an outer shell for them with a flap and a velcro closure. For each section (there are 12) I inserted a card, each with one of the 12 months on it and made a little tab. So, here I have made a little birthday/anniversary organizer. So, when I am making cards, I can pull out any month's card and see who's birthday or anniversary it is. Hope you enjoy it!




Can't wait to see what this next week has in store for me!
Adrienne

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comments at the Paper Poppy blog and I just love your organizer! The patterned paper you used is just perfect and I love how you attached your tabs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, hoorah! Go, Adrienne, go! I can't believe you went boxing. You are fearless, woman! Yay! And super yay for baggy clothes! You need to go shopping, girl! Love that little date book...but you knew that already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SMOKES, Girl! This is amazing. I love the colors and the scallop edge! The tabs are precious. You should seriously share this with the Bo Bunny people...they would LOVE it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, really funny, and very inspiring skiing story! Second, congratulations on your weight loss, I admire people who can do it and know that I am one of them. Third, really love your project too, I think it is wonderful when people go back to share something that they hadn't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely making this, it is so cute! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

House of 3

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed