Tuesday, June 29, 2010

School's Out!!!

It's official. I am on Vacation! Yesterday was the last day of school and now I am free. Free to do what ever I want. And what I want is to do all the projects I have been busy collecting stuff for. All the junkin' I have been doing. All the VV trips I have been taking. I need to get this stuff done and painted and put on display. So many ideas rush around my head of what I can and need to do. I need to buy paint and start painting. I need to stay busy this summer. I desperately want to kick-ass on my weight loss this summer. I've been having a rough time since I hit the 40 pound mark. I lose a few and then gain a few. This has been going on for probably a month now. I have 2 weeks to get to 50 and I don't think it will happen. I am so close, but things just aren't going the way I had hoped. I am going to start walking and try a bit of running in the mornings to start my day off. Then, I will be fitting in some tennis and hopefully swimming and more walking and hiking. Gotta get there. Once I have hit this 50, then I have at least another 50 to go. I am hoping to have 20 pounds gone by the time I go back to school. I will do it, I can do it!!!



Last weekend we went to Tumbler Ridge to celebrate Father's Day and see my parents. We had such a great time hiking to various waterfalls and sights. The first waterfall we hit was Kinuseo Falls. AMAZING!! There were 3 different viewpoints we went to. The first was a simple little stroll to where the water actually goes over the edge. The second was DOWN the edge of the mountain. I mean down. Way down. Straight down. No, I am not exaggerating. We climbed down the mountain to the base of the waterfall. SO worth it. I was lost for words while we were at the bottom. I just sat there watching the water fall and feeling the mist on my face. Then, we CLIMBED back up the mountain. The next viewpoint was up the mountain from the first one. Once there you can see the whole thing. The water falling over the edge and then crashing to the river below. Breathtaking! We had such a great time and I had a serious case of Jelly-legs after all that hiking. More to come in my next post.

Hope you are all enjoying your summer as much as I plan on enjoying mine!
Adrienne

3 comments:

  1. Yay! School's out! :) You can definitely make that goal, lady! Go go go!! :) Gorgeous photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I started using a pedometer, which made me aware of how sedentary(sp?) I am. Thank you for sharing your journey. It helps me a lot on mine. :)

    Were the diseased pine trees at Kinuso Falls still standing? We went in 2007, and it looked pretty sad. That waterfall was definitely the star for us, too.

    Now I'm off to the link you provided. :) Happy painting! (Post your projects; would love to see them!)

    Anna aka annawhocropsalot

    ReplyDelete

House of 3

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed