Thursday, April 15, 2010

New junk, old junk, good junk!







A junkin' we will go, a junkin' we will go, hi-ho the merry-o a junkin' we will go!!! I hit every second hand place in town last Saturday with my partner in crime, Teri! I think I have her to blame for turning me onto Funky Junk Interiors! and all that is 'junk'. We hit VV, Sally Ann, Goodwill, a garage sale at the Elks, and the place where I found my latest treasure, the Habitat for Humanity rebuild center. I also found this bag of 'mostly' brass house numbers in different sizes and fonts that I have plans for. This summer is going to be good! Just think of all the junk I can find. Things pop out at me and I have this way of seeing what it's potential is. Teri's words, not mine!!! I have always been kind of a junk lover. I made my headboard out of an old panel door that I got for free from a garage sale about 7 years ago. Usually, my problem is follow through. I come up with these great ideas, and then never get to them. The headboard, on the other hand was done quite quickly. I will post about that later, once I get some more pretty pillows for my bed.

On a different front, I am up to 28 pounds lost as of this past Monday!!! I somehow GAINED last week...BOOOO! So I carefully stepped on the scale, saying a little prayer, and YIKES!!! 5 pounds this week! I went up 3, but then down 5! Not too shabby I must say. I am shocked at the sizes that I am buying at the stores and can't wait for more! We'll have to wait for Monday to see if it likes me again! Let's hope so!

Have a great weekend,
Adrienne

5 comments:

  1. First of all, high five on the poundage, girl! That is so awesome! And second, I cannot wait to see what you do with all that awesome junk! (And third - get the pillows cause we wanna see the headboard!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that door/window is lovely. I have a secret to share...I have a three paneled old painted window hanging up in my living room that I absolutely LOVE, and I had pulled it from someone's garage pile early in the morning a couple years back. Love it! There's a show called American Pickers, I think, it's awesome. They drive around randomly, look for people who might have hidden treasures, buy stuff and sell it for way more! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your latest find! I would love to see your headboard too! :) Congrats on the weight loss! I went to my WW meeting today and feel more on track now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! I'm with ya on the junkin'!! It's addicting! Congrats on the weight loss...yay... I know how hard it can be!

    ReplyDelete

House of 3

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed